‘‘Our body is the first instrument that we learn to play. Since 2011 yoga is an important link between my passions - music and movement. I found a deep connection between the healing power of breath and body awareness - on and off stage.’’
After training gymnastics at an early age Laura discovered yoga ten years ago in Berlin. Later during her studies of Jazz Vocals in Graz she revisited yoga within a stage presence and body awareness class for singers.
‘‘As a singer my body is my source of resonance and sound. Practicing yoga is a wonderful way to explore it in a truthful way. It gives me access to deeper layers of awareness and helps me to be in the present moment. While teaching singing and working with my students on vocal techniques, I started to implement yoga in my classes to cultivate a good posture and vice versa. The link between relaxation and breath work became obvious to me and opened new perspectives and possibilities.’’
Mentored by Carl Faure and Calli Poppham at Stretch London and yoga icon Ana Forrest in Berlin Laura combines the lightness of Vinyasa Flow that gives space for playful improvisation with a strengthening and grounding Forrest Yoga practice. An emphasis on anatomy and alignment as well as the kinaesthetic experience of hands on assists are very important in her teachings and pave the way to a more holistic body experience.
Forrest Yoga is a strong Hatha Yoga Style renowned as an intensely physical and internally focused practice that emphasizes how to carry a transformative experience off the mat and into daily life. It doesn't require strength or flexibility; it only requires a willingness to learn how to feel authentically and respond honestly.
Vinyasa Flow introduces you to the beauty of flowing sequences and how to connect you breath with your movements. This class will focus on energizing your body through core strength and dynamic flows. Explore your body through movement in a light and playful way and improve your flexibility while learning how to use your breath in a healing way.
Teacher Trainings and Workshops:
- 200 h Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training at STRETCH LONDON with Carl Faure and Calli Poppham in Spain and London, April - June 2017
- 200 h Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training with Ana Forrest in Berlin in Sep 2017
- ''Functional Anatomy'' April 2018 for Yoga Teachers with Maria Abel in Graz, Austria
- ''Take Flight - Inversion Master Class'' Christian Coelho in Rio de Janeiro, June 2018
- ''Oficina de Cordas'' Iyengar Yoga com Marcia Barros in Rio de Janeiro, BR, June 2018
- October 2017 until May 2018 Yoga Teacher at Imagin-Abel, Graz, AT
- since 2018 Yoga Teacher at Sampoorna Yoga Brussels, BE
- since 2018 Yoga Teacher at Yyoga Brussels, BE
- since 2018 Workshops YOGA+VOICE